I hope what you are about to learn will be very exciting to you. For more information and to learn how you can use Fixed Index Annuities (FIA) to protect and grow your wealth, please contact our office at 888-390-5277 or email@example.com.
For readers who lost 40%+ when the stock market crashed in 2000-2002 and 40-50-60% when it crashed in 2007-March of 2009, this material will be a real eye opener.
This material covers Fixed Indexed Annuities (FIAs) and why you may want to use them as one of your protective wealth-building/retirement tools.
Why FIAs? Because they can have the following characteristics:
- 100% principal protection (your money will never go backwards due to negative returns in the stock market).
- Positive gains in a stock index are locked in every year.
- A guaranteed rate of return (accumulation value) (this is an option on many products for an additional charge).
- A guaranteed income for life (this is an optional rider on many products for an additional charge).
- A free long-term care benefit (this is an option on many products for an additional charge).
Fixed Index Annuity Disadvantages:
- 10% IRS penalty on withdrawals prior to 59 1/2 years of age
- Early withdrawal penalties or surrender charges for large withdrawals prior to maturity or when withdrawing in excess of the 10% annual surrender-free portion
- Ordinary income tax owed on earnings during the withdrawal or income payout stage
- LIFO: Last in first out tax requirement so earnings are taxed first, unless annuitization takes place, which then uses a tax exclusion ratio
- Fixed index annuities are not FDIC insured
- Fixed index annuities do not capture the full upside of the stock market
- Caps, participation, spreads and declared fixed interest rates are all subject to change on an annual basis
- It is possible during a down year or years to have zero-interest crediting
Does a wealth-building tool with the above-mentioned characteristics interest you?
- Not all Equity Indexed Annuities offer a minimum guaranteed return.
- Equity Indexed Annuities are insurance products and not considered a security or investment.
- Guarantees are based on the claims paying ability of the issuing insurance company.